Sunday, January 10, 2010

Missing Slip

It completely slipped my mind. How? I'm not sure. But in a week, we baptise Emma Grace. I did good. I had her dress, bonnet, and booties finished in October. Before she was born. I was crocheting the set around the time that Anahi got baptized. I figured I was completely ahead of the curve. Not like my rush to find Anahi a dress. Which let me tell you, it's hard to find a baptismo dress for a toddler!

A few minutes ago, I realized that I didn't make the slip. It doesn't sound like a big deal. But my sewing machine isn't working. And it's at my parent's house. Over 250 miles away!!! My mom is trying to fix it. Now what? I need to go to JoAnn's and buy some fabric and lace. Then I'm going to make up my own pattern. And sew it by hand. I can tell you one thing, it's going to be one of a kind. But 100%, made out of love!!!

Being a Godmother, Nina, or Nana is a big job. It's starts with love and faith. At some point, there is a beautiful white dress involved. But most importantly, it's about loving the child that you are going on this journey with. I was honored when Anna Marie and Joe asked me to be Emma's Nana. Then they let me dream up her middle name. And asked me to make her baptismo gown. The current lack of a slip, is minimal. It's the love that counts! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment