Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dreams

I'm one of those people, that remembers every detail of my dreams. Vividly. It's so weird! But I do. And last night, I had 3 very different, yet life like dreams. I think I might have slept too long. That could have been the reason for all my dreams.

Dream #1:

First, I dreamt that I was a cheerleader again. For any of my readers that don't know, I was a cheerleader for 5 years. I was on a competitive team. Trips to National competitions and all! But I had this dream that we went to our state capital. Like if it was today. All of us grown up. And we went dressed in our old uniforms. Girls who had cheered before and after me. We were going to perform some sort of routine.

All of my family was there too. Which is so weird. Because when I cheered, I only had 1 aunt and 2 uncles go to my games. My parents would go, but not the rest of my family. Oh no, not this time. The entire familia went. Had their picnic meals and everything! It was a little strange. Family that doesn't even talk to me. I don't know. It was just weird.

Back to the cheerleaders. We were all there. All of them were married and/or had kids. Except me. Which in real life, is pretty accurate. I don't know what to say. But one of my friends, Antoinette was there. We haven't spoken since we graduated. And she was showing me her adorable son. I, in fact, know that she has a little boy. I ran into her mom a few years ago. In my dream, Antoinette was going through some sort of drama. And I was trying to help her through it. hmmm....

But the thing I remember most from my dream; people know liked me, talked to me, and respected me. Very different from high school. I was extremely quiet. Very much to myself. And didn't really socialize with the cheerleaders outside of cheerleading. Come on, we spent our days in school together, then practice for a 3 hours a day, plus games. I didn't feel like we connected outside of cheerleading. Did I really want to spend my 2 free hours with them? Oh, and I was in good physical shape. So much so, my uniform was too big! :)

Dream #2:

I dreamt about a friend of the family...and me...married. WHAT?!?!?! Ya, I don't know where that came from. Totally out of left field. Maybe I am sleep deprived. And God knows what happened last night. My brain my have been short circuiting or something. But I had this dream that we had gotten married. In Hawaii. It was a small wedding. He worked and I stayed at home. Making our cute 1930 something house, our home. :) It was super sweet. Kind of like an old 1950s TV show. A garden, white picket fence, and an apron all included!!! It is so strange, because I can even tell you what the house smelled like. What I was cooking. How this man's eyes looked.

In reality, as adults, we have only seen each other maybe twice. Maybe mumbled a total of 20 words to each other. Including, "Hi" and "Have a nice day." So this was totally random. I woke up in a cold sweat. Looked around my pitch black bedroom. And tried to figure what the heck had just happened. I still have no clue why HE was in my dream. What is God trying to tell me???

Dream #3:

Starring HIM again!!! God, it's me. What message are you trying to send me? I know I work too many hours. I know that I want a family. Is this some sort of message. Or is 4 hours of sleep too much for one night? Maybe it was because I actually slept in my bed last night. That rarely, if ever, happens!!!

But ya, I had a dream that we were not only married...but we were expecting a baby. A sweet little bundle of joy. It was so strange. I tell you, I think my head is playing tricks on me. But it was a sweet little thing that played through my head. Because I would really like to find a man that can love me for all my quirks. Which let me tell you, there are quite a few!!! And I want nothing more than to be a mommy.

At the point of my dream, when the 2 of us were going through baby names and looking through our nursery, I woke up. This time, I was covered in sweat. Panicked. And my heart was racing. Needless to say, I didn't go back to sleep. It was just too realistic for me. And a bit weird. I could see dreaming about someone that I know and talked to on a regular basis. But this man...it was just too much for me.

I just wanted to share some of the randomness that goes on in my head. It's very random, I know. But it's life. And I just have to deal with it. Now I'm going to get up. Maybe get my laundry together and head to J's. I know he will be up. And will appreciate a good laugh at 4AM!!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment