Friday, January 8, 2010

A Cardigan for Sarita



I seen this pattern a long time ago on Lion's Brand website. And I saved it. I'm not a 100% sure why. But I did. I guess I knew that someday, I would find a good reason to make it. Well, I've found a great reason to make it. For Sarita! I had wanted to make this in a dark red color. Something a little fun and Valentine's Day-ish. But something that she could wear after the holiday too.

Unfortunately, our 2 Wal-Marts no longer sell crafts. Therefore, the yarn stock is also very much depleted. I should have remembered to pick up the yarn when I went to go visit my brother. Or even when I went back to my hometown. But it slipped my mind. Completely! I don't need much yarn. Although she is 4 years old, she only wears a 2T. And sometimes, that is even too big for her!

I figured 2 skeins of Caron's dark reddish yarn would be more than enough. But the Wal-Marts here, don't carry Caron brand yarn any more. I didn't have time to go to Hobby Lobby. Because I had to go to work. And as usual, we have these weird long breaks of down time. So yesterday, I decided to look through my yarn stash. At work! Yes, I have a drawer of yarn. Because I make the kids toys.

At the very bottom was a skein of "I Love This Yarn" in Mid Green. It's darker than the picture, but not quite a sage green. I decided to try this pattern out. I know Sarita will be in town for about 10 days. Maybe I can get it done before this weekend. I like the color. But it's still not the red color I was looking for. I guess I can try to find yarn between now and then. AnI still want to make it and send it to Sarita at the hospital. A girl can never have too many sweaters!!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment