Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Big Day



Today is one of those very important days in my life. I become a Godmother again. I don't take it lightly either. This is one of those really important days in a baby's life. The day that 4 adults begin the journey, with this innocent child. Guiding them through their religion. Teaching them about faith, life, and most importantly...love.

I don't know Miguel very well. He's going to be Emma's Godfather. But we've met and talked 3 times. He is a really nice guy. Very down-to-earth. And someone that will help to keep Emma grounded. We are all beginning this journey together. To make sure this perfect little girl grows up to love, respect, and believe in Our Lord.

One a day like this, we look past the beautiful white clothing, all the pomp and circumstance, past the party. Today is about our vow to God. We are all taking on the responsibility for this beautiful baby. That we will teach her and guide her as she grows. I'm excited about that. Excited to share Our Amazing Dear Lord with Emma.

And I'm also excited about all the physical aspects of today. I can't wait to go pick up Emma. To get her dressed. To finally see her in her little baptismo gown that I made. I can't wait to see her be completely dunked in the water. To get to light the candle for her. To make the promises for her and to her. For Emma to officially become Emma Grace.

Later today, we are also going to enjoy a big party. One that is especially for Emma. Celebrating her. Her birth, the little angel that she is. God is great! He blesses us with little angels like Emma, to remind of that there is love in our world. Today is about celebrating her. Celebrating the life that is to come. And our commitment to her and God. The 4 of us are making those promises today. I can't wait to officially become Miss Emma Grace's Nana!!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment