Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Be Great



I've been thinking a lot lately. You know. About the direction my life is going. I want to do more for others. Being without my internship, it's like walking around missing my head, my heart, and one of my legs.

And as I was looking at things to do, I saw a great news story the other night. About our local Boys and Girls Club. It just got me thinking. I want to join the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. I want to be a positive person in someone else's life.

I was so lucky growing up. I was surrounded by family that was always there for me. My grandma lived next door. I could also count on my uncle and aunt. And my teachers were amazing! Giving me lots of extra time and attention. Helping me to grow to my potential. I had so many excellent mentors. Including Patrick. He was, has, and always will be one of the people I will always look up to.

I want to give back. I want to do something for my community. To have a positive influence on the youth of today. Because, I had people who cared about me. And since I left my internship, I've felt this huge void in my life. I want to be a positive influence on someone else's life again. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment